- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed underÂ a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International LicenseÂ that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the works authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journals published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Jurnal Potensi menerbitkan artikel penelitian dari berbagai topik di bidang Perencanaan dan Pengembangan Wilayah, sebagai berikut:
- Cyber Notary
- Perencanaan Kota.
- Pengembangan Wilayah Pedesaan
- Pembangunan Wilayah
- (lingkungan fisik, spasial, teknologi, ekonomi dan pertanian)
- Preservasi dan konservasi kawasan
- Kebijakan Publik dan Pengelolaan
- Integrasi Kebijakan dan Perencanaan
- Ekonomi Spasial dan regional
- Kelembagaan dan pembiayaan Pembangunan
- Perencanaan dan Evaluasi Proyek
- Warisan Budaya dan Pariwisata
- Kualitas Lingkungan dan Pembinaan
- Infrastruktur dan Transportasi Wilayah
- Sumber Daya dan Analisis Dampak
Diterbitkan setiap 6 (enam) bulan sekali yaitu pada bulan Maret dan September.
Peer Review Process
Jurnal Potensi has a two-stage review process.
The first stage is an initial editorial review (also known as Desktop Review, Screening Review) by one of the section editors or editor in chief, resulting in either a decision to send for peer review (stage 2) or an editorial rejection.
If the paper is passed to stage 2, a Section Editor will be assigned to manage the review process. Here, two members of Jurnal Potensi review panel will be assigned to review the paper. Our review panel comprises researchers and practitioners drawn from section editors and other experienced researchers. Reviewers selected to review an article are chosen on the basis of their experience, expertise and interests aligned to the focus of the article.
Jurnal Potensi uses a single-blind review process. In it, reviewers know the identity of authors, but authors donâ€™t know the identity of reviewers. No direct communication is allowed between the reviewer and the author.
The article will be reviewed against the following criteria:
Contribution to advancing knowledge of Teaching and Education
Quality of critical engagement with relevant literature (literature review and discussion)
Clarity of research and/or development goals
Clarity and justification of appropriate methodology
Quality of empirical data, analysis, presentation and interpretation of results
Inclusion of appropriate implications for further research, theory, practice and/or policy.
Quality of writing (including structure, writing style, clarity of expression)
The Editor shall inform you of the results of the review as soon as possible, hopefully in 30 to 60 days.
The editor will run a plagiarism check using turnitin for the submitted articles before sending it to the reviewers. We do not process any plagiarised contents. If an article has over 20% of plagiarism based on the result of the check, the article will be rejected. The journal is carried out by using Mendeley or Endnote as a Tool Reference Manager. The language used in this journal is Indonesian.
The accepted research articles will be available online (free download) following the journal peer-reviewing process. The final decision of articles acceptance will be made by Editors according to Reviewers' comments. The articles sent back to the authors for revision should be returned to the editor without delay. The revised article returned later than 20 days will be considered as new submissions. The revised article can be sent to the editorial through the Online Submission Interface on our online Journal website.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal asÂ Â Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Maret dan September
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Jurnal ini menggunakan Mendeley, Endnote atau Zotero
Article Processing Charge
In an open-access model, the publication costs of an article are paid from an author's research budget, or by their supporting institution, in the form of Article Processing Charges. These Article Processing Charges replace subscription charges and allow publishers to make the full-text of every published article freely available to all interested readers. However, there is no charge for article submission.
For the Jurnal Potensi (J.Pot), the fees to be paid upon the acceptance of an article are indicated in the table below:
The APC of this journal is (IDR) 350.000,-
If you do not have funds to pay such fees, you will have an opportunity to waive each fee. We do not want fees to prevent the publication of worthy work.
International authors (non-Indonesian afiliated authors) will be funded by Universitas Batam.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Jurnal Potensi is a journal that aims to be a leading peer-review platform and an authoritative source of information. We publish original research papers, review articles and case studies focusing on Planning, Regional Development and review related articles and topics that are not published elsewhere in any language, nor Not reviewed for publication anywhere. The following statements describe the ethical behavior of all parties involved in the publishing action of articles in this journal, including authors, editors, reviewers, and publishers. This statement is based on COPEâ€™s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.Â Â
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Plagiarism is the unethical act of copying someone elseâ€™s prior ideas, processes, results or words without explicit acknowledgement of the original author and source. Self-plagiarism occurs when an author utilizes large part of his/her own previously published work without using appropriate references. This can range from getting the same manuscript published in multiple journals to modifying a previously published manuscript with some new data.
Types of Pladiarism
Full Plagiarism: Previously published content without any changes to the text, idea and grammar is considered as full plagiarism. It involves presenting exact text from a source as oneâ€™s own.
Partial Plagiarism: If content is a mixture from multiple different sources, where the author has extensively rephrased text, then it is known as partial plagiarism.
Self-Plagiarism: When an author reuses complete or portions of their pre-published research, then it is known as self-plagiarism. Complete self-plagiarism is a case when an author republishes their own previously published work in a new journal.
1. Full plagiarism, partial plagiarism, and self-plagiarism are not allowed.
2. The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
3. An author should not in general publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work.
The editor will run a plagiarism check using turnitin for the submitted articles before sending it to the reviewers. We do not process any plagiarised contents. If an article has over 20% of plagiarism based on the result of the check, the article will be rejected. The journal is carried out by using Mendeley, Endnote or Zotero as a Tool Reference Manager.
Jurnal Ini Milik Universitas Batam
Sources of Support
We thank to University of Batam for the support
Jurnal Potensi ini terbit perdana dalam media cetak dan online pada bulan Maret Tahun 2021 dengan terbit dua edisi (Maret dan Oktober).Â