About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Zona Teknik menerbitkan artikel penelitian dari berbagai topik di bidang Keteknikan, termasuk tetapi tidak terbatas pada topik-topik berikut:
- Teknik Mesin
- Teknik Sipil
- Teknik Elektro
- Sistem Informasi
- Scada Sistem
- Artificial Intelegent
- Modeling Sistem
- Teknik Industri
- Teknologi Pendidikan
Diterbitkan setiap 6 (enam) bulan sekali yaitu pada bulan Februari dan Agustus.
Peer Review Process
Zona Teknik: Jurnal Ilmiah applies a review process policy as follows:
- Manuscripts sent by the author will go through a review process by the editor, especially checking the suitability of the manuscript with the scope of the journal and conformity with the journal template. In this process, the level of plagiarism will also be checked using the Ithenticate software with a standard below 25%. Editors will reject manuscripts that do not meet journal standards or will send manuscripts to reviewers for a review process if these things are declared eligible.
- Manuscripts that have passed step 1 above, will be sent to 2 reviewers for their content to be reviewed using the blind review method.
- The review process will consider novelty, objectivity, methods, scientific impact, conclusions, and references, by attaching a review sheet.
- Reviewers will suggest improvements and or accept/reject articles.
- The editor will decide by considering suggestions from reviewers whether the manuscript meets the requirements of the Zona Teknik.
- Editor's decision is final.
Open Access Policy
Zona Teknik providing open access to its content by adhering to the principle that by making research freely available to the public will support the global exchange of knowledge, this journal is intended to provide direct open access to all content on the journal's website with the principle of making The research results are available at no cost to the public and anyone who needs it, either to read or download the article. Journal administrators will continue to strive continuously to collaborate with the journal's author community in selecting the best open access license options. Articles that are accepted will be available and free to download on the Zona Teknik: Jurnal Ilmiah page.
Jurnal ini menggunakan Mendeley, endnote or/and zotero
Article Processing Charge
Every article submitted to Zona Teknik will not have any 'Article Processing Charges'. This includes peer-reviewing, editing, publishing, maintening and archiving, and allows immediate access to the full text versions of the articles
Zona Teknik is a scientific publication that contains research results in the fields of mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, information systems, system scada, artificial intelligence, system modeling, industrial engineering, education technology, and technopreneurship that have never been published. This statement of the scientific code of ethics is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the publication process of this scientific journal, namely managers, editors, peer reviewers, and authors. The statement of the code of ethics for scientific publications is based on the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications, which essentially upholds three ethical values in publication, namely:
- Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications;
- Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors/writers; and
- Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Editor in Chief
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if needed.
- Define editor membership.
- Defines relationships between publishers, editors, review partners, and others.
- Appreciate things that are confidential, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and review partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Reviewing journal policies and submitting them to authors, editors, review partners, and readers.
- Create behavioral code guides for editors and review partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Ensuring the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publications.
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Improve the quality of the journal.
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Editor's Duties and Responsibilities
- The editor provides comments on the author's writing so that readers can understand what the author wants to convey, through comments written on the manuscript.
- The editor provides comments on the author's writing in accordance with the EYD (Enhanced Spelling) language or language that is in accordance with the standardization of the journal.
- Editors strive to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis;
- The editor prioritizes freedom of opinion in an objective manner,
- Editor submits corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if needed,
- The editor ensures that the author's writing does not involve SARA or anything that can harm the Publisher and coordinates the author's writing to the editor-in-chief of the publisher if the article is slightly controversial.
- The editor receives, reviews, and follows up on complaints from all parties involved in journal publishing;
- Editors support initiatives to educate researchers on publication ethics,
- Editors do not defend their own opinions, authors or third parties which may result in non-objective decisions,
- The editor encourages authors/writers to make improvements to their written work so that it is worthy of publication.
- The editor lays out the manuscript to be published so that it is in accordance with the journal template.
- The editor assists the editor-in-chief in finalizing a collection of manuscripts before being printed and published, especially in terms of language, format and layout.
Bestari Partner Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide objective and unbiased written feedback regarding the scientific value and contribution of the manuscript to the development of science;
- Shows whether the writing of the manuscript is clear, complete, and relevant, and whether the manuscript is in accordance with the scope of the journal;
- Do not provide criticism or comments that are personal; and
- Maintain the confidentiality of the manuscript, by not discussing it with unrelated parties, or disclosing the information contained in the manuscript to other parties.
Website Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
Website Administrator is the person responsible for managing the journal website. Specifically, the Website Administrator's job scope is as follows:
- Setting up a journal website;
- Configure system options and manage user accounts;
- Register for editors, reviewers, and writers;
- Manage journal features;
- View report statistics; and
- Uploading/publishing accepted papers.
Please fill in the Zona Teknik Publication Ethics Statement when the manuscript has been declared accepted, which can be downloaded here
The Editorial Team of Zona Teknik: Jurnal Ilmiah acknowledges that plagiarism is unacceptable and therefore establishes the following policy stating specific actions (penalties) if plagiarism is identified in an article submitted for publication in Zona Teknik: Jurnal Ilmiah.
Plagiarism is an act intentionally or unintentionally in obtaining or trying to obtain credit or value for a scientific work, by quoting part or all of the work and/or scientific work of another party which is recognized as a scientific work, without stating the source accurately and adequately.
For this reason, articles must be original, have never been published, and are not in the process of waiting for publication elsewhere. Material taken verbally from other sources needs to be clearly identified so that it differs from the original text.
If plagiarism is identified, then, the Editor-in-Chief is responsible for reviewing the article and will approve action according to the level of plagiarism detected, with the following guidelines:
1. Plagiarize some short sentences from other articles without citing the source. Action: The author is given a warning and a request to change the text and quote correctly.
2. Plagiarized most of the other articles without proper citation and not citing the source. Action: The submitted article is rejected for publication in Zona Teknik: Jurnal Ilmiah and the author may be penalized for not being allowed to publish in Zona Teknik: Jurnal Ilmiah.
All article writers are responsible for the content of the articles they submit because they all sign the Zona Teknik Publication Ethics Statement Form which will be given when the manuscript is accepted. If the article is classified as plagiarism, then all authors will be subject to the same action.
If the author is proven to have submitted a manuscript to Zona Teknik: Jurnal Ilmiah by simultaneously sending it to other journals, and this overlap is found during the reviewer process or after publication, then the action will be given according to point 2 above.
If plagiarism is found outside of the rules above, the editor of Zona Teknik: Jurnal Ilmiah has the right to provide sanctions according to the policy of the editor team.
The policy similarity level with other references in this journal is below 25% which is checked using the Ithenticate software.
Policy of Screening for Plagiarism
Papers submitted to Zona Teknik: Jurnal Ilmiah will be screened for plagiarism using Turnitin/iThenticate plagiarism detection tools. Zona Teknik: Jurnal Ilmiah will immediately reject papers leading to plagiarism or self-plagiarism.
Before submitting articles to reviewers, those are first checked for similarity/plagiarism tool, by a member of the editorial team. The papers submitted to Zona Teknik: Jurnal Ilmiah must have similarity level less than 25%.
Plagiarism is the exposing of another personâ€™s thoughts or words as though they were your own, without without permission, credit, or acknowledgment, or because of failing to cite the sources properly. Plagiarism can take diverse forms, from literal copying to paraphrasing the work of another. In order to properly judge whether an author has plagiarized, we emphasize the following possible situations:
- An author can literally copy another authorâ€™s work- by copying word by word, in whole or in part, without permission, acknowledge or citing the original source. This practice can be identified through comparing the original source and the manuscript/work who is suspected of plagiarism.
- Substantial copying implies for an author to reproduce a substantial part of another author, without permission, acknowledge or citation. The substantial term can be understood both in terms of quality as quantity, being often used in the context of Intellectual property. Quality refers to the relative value of the copied text in proportion to the work as a whole.
- Paraphrasing involves taking ideas, words or phrases from a source and crafting them into new sentences within the writing. This practice becomes unethical when the author does not properly cite or does not acknowledge the original work/author. This form of plagiarism is the more difficult form to be identified.
Zona Teknik: Jurnal Ilmiah byÂ http://ejurnal.univbatam.ac.id/index.php/Teknik is licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Jurnal Ini Milik Universitas Batam
Sources of Support
We thank to University of Batam for the support
Zona Teknik menerbitkan artikel penelitian dalam media cetak sejak Februari 2007 dan media online Februari 2020. Terbitan ini secara menerbitkan dua edisi per tahun (Februari dan Agustus).Â